Just when you thought you can’t have two good things at once, here comes Puto Flan! Also known as puto leche, this two-in-one treat was originally a solution to a puto-maker’s problem: too much egg yolks were wasted in making puto. A good problem turned into a booming business!
Now you can add a twist to your usual Pinoy dessert: the white, fluffy layer now topped (or bottomed) with sweet and creamy leche flan. Serve it in parties, fiestas and even at home for a merienda with the family. Try this easy Puto Flan recipe now!
- For the Flan:
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (370g)
- 2 tsps. of lemon or calamansi juice
- For the Puto:
- 2 cups of All-purpose flour
- 4 tsps. Baking powder
- 2/3 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 4 eggwhites
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- a few drops of yellow food coloring (optional)
- Create your flan first by mixing the egg yolks and condensed milk, then add the lemon/calamansi juice (if you are using an extract, reduce the measurement to 1 tsp)
- Heat water in you steamer, and then bring to a boil. Grease your puto moulds lightly, and fill them with your flan mixture about 1/3 full. You can use sauce dispensers made of plastic to make it easier to distribute your mixture.
- Steam your flan make sure to wrap your steamer cover with a towel, I kept mine on medium heat and steamed the flan for a good 20 minutes, make sure to check your flan once in a while and see if the flan is almost cooked and no longer in its liquid form, that means it’s ready. Set aside.
- Create your puto mixture. Sift your dry ingredients together. add your wet ingredients and mix, but do not OVERMIX. If you have another plastic dispenser, transfer your mixture.
- Add your puto mixture over your flan mixture and steam again for around 15 minutes. Or until it has risen and shows a shiny dome.
- Allow them to cool down before your remove them from the moulds to make sure that the flan and the puto stick together. Use a knife to loosen the puto from the mould and tap slightly to release.
WATCH For more Cooking Video’shttps://goo.gl/LMmDVk
Easy Related Posts
Cassava Cake Recipe
Cassava Cake Recipe Ingredients 2 packs cassava – grated (approx. 16 oz) 1 can condensed ...read more
Kalderetang Baka Recipe
Kalderetang Baka Recipe Ingredients 1 kilo beef (for stewing, cut into chunk cubes) 1/4 kilo beef ...read more
Chocolate Coated Polvoron Recipe
We Filipinos are fond of sweets, perhaps the region that always treat our sweet tooth, ...read more
Suman Moron (Chocolate Moron) Recipe
The Filipino cuisine is rich on different kind of dishes, be it with meat, sea ...read more