- ⅔ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 ½ lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs or boneless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch strips or chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ lbs shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps quartered
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup water
- Chopped toasted peanuts and cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Steamed rice and lime wedges, for serving
- In a small bowl, stir the coconut milk, red curry paste, and fish sauce until well combined. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp of oil. Add the chicken to the skillet in a single layer. Cook, turning once, until the chicken is browned, but not fully cooked (4-5 minutes). Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside. Drain and wipe the skillet clean.
- Return skillet to the heat and add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil. Add the shiitake mushrooms and stir fry over medium-high heat until lightly browned (about 5 minutes). Add the ginger and garlic and stir fry for 1 minute. Add back the chicken, red curry mixture and water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. You may simmer for longer to reduce the sauce, if you prefer less sauce.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish. Garnish with chopped peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges. Serve immediately.
Easy Related Posts
How to Cook Sprite Chicken Wings
https://youtu.be/9OrlOrkZD8o How to Cook Sprite Chicken Wings Ingredients 200-300 grams chicken wings 1 tsp garlic powder 1 ...read more
Homemade Jollibee Chicken Joy Recipe
https://youtu.be/j9tB__SL2-Y Homemade Jollibee Chicken Joy Recipe Ingredients 2 kilos chicken, your choice cuts salt and pepper cooking ...read more
Chicken Morcon Recipe
Chicken Morcon Recipe Ingredients 3 pieces Large size Thigh chicken filet 1 carrot 3 segments of ...read more
Home-made Savory Chicken Recipe
Home-made Savory Chicken Recipe Ingredients 1 Whole Chicken 8 pcs Star Anise 1½ cups Silver Swan ...read more