- 1 chicken (1 kilo)
- 1 can liver spread or
- 1 cup lechon sauce
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 3-4 pcs. sweet whole pickles (sliced slanting by, 1/4′ thick)
- 1/4 cup pickle sauce
- 2 bell pepper (red & green, strips)
- 3 onions (quartered)
- 4 Frankfurters or sausage (sliced slantingly, 1/4″ thick
- 1/2 head garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- Clean chicken, cut into small serving pieces. marinate in vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic. Let stand for 1-2 hours. Drain. Fry until a little brown.
- Put back fried chicken into vinegar mixture, add tomato sauce, pickles, pickle liquid, onions. Cover.
- When it starts boiling, lower heat and simmer until chicken is tender. Add the rest of the ingredients, Thicken sauce with liver spread or prepared lechon sauce. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- If you want a more spicy caldereta, add minced siling labuyo and more powdered pepper.
Easy Related Posts
30 Minute Flaky Chicken Pot Pie
Ingredients: 1 17.3 ounce package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed 2 pounds skinless, ...read more
Paksiw Na Lechon Manok (Filipino Sweet Sour Chicken Stew) Recipe
Save Print Paksiw Na Lechon Manok (Filipino Sweet Sour Chicken Stew) Recipe ...read more