- 1 chicken (1 kilo)
- 1 can liver spread or
- 1 cup lechon sauce
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 3-4 pcs. sweet whole pickles (sliced slanting by, 1/4′ thick)
- 1/4 cup pickle sauce
- 2 bell pepper (red & green, strips)
- 3 onions (quartered)
- 4 Frankfurters or sausage (sliced slantingly, 1/4″ thick
- 1/2 head garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- Clean chicken, cut into small serving pieces. marinate in vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic. Let stand for 1-2 hours. Drain. Fry until a little brown.
- Put back fried chicken into vinegar mixture, add tomato sauce, pickles, pickle liquid, onions. Cover.
- When it starts boiling, lower heat and simmer until chicken is tender. Add the rest of the ingredients, Thicken sauce with liver spread or prepared lechon sauce. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- If you want a more spicy caldereta, add minced siling labuyo and more powdered pepper.
Easy Related Posts
30 Minute Flaky Chicken Pot Pie
Ingredients: 1 17.3 ounce package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed 2 pounds skinless, ...read more
Paksiw Na Lechon Manok (Filipino Sweet Sour Chicken Stew) Recipe
Paksiw Na Lechon Manok (Filipino Sweet Sour Chicken Stew) Recipe Ingredients 2 shallots or 1 red ...read more
Pinatisang Manok Recipe
Pinatisang Manok Recipe Ingredients 2.4 lbs chicken pieces Salt and pepper 2 tbsp vegetable oil 2 ...read more
Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry Recipe
Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry Recipe Ingredients 1/2 lb (225g) skinless chicken breast , cut into pieces ...read more